Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

happily ever after

a conversation this morning with someone i love dearly who is getting divorced. years and life and children and boundaries and expectations and moving on. there are no guarantees, are there? i have been very clear with bryan that i will love him for the rest of my life but that doesn't mean i'll stay with him no matter what. i can think of five things right off the top of my head that would make me walk away immediately. there is a level of accountability, yes?
we all have our boundaries. he knows mine.

love.

it's always tricky when the noun should be a verb.

i read a post today that moved me in such a way that i found myself saving it to read to my daughter later when she asks me what love is and needs more than my own myopic perspective.
head on over to read flutter's version of the fairytale.

yes.

8 comments:

  1. you are right, there are no guarantees. it's rattling to hear about a friend getting a divorce because we think, could that be us? why are we different?
    we all grow and change and expect or want different things...and we hope that we can grow and change together instead of apart.

    love flutter's post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read and commented- awesome post, awesome words about real love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. After a silly row with my husband last night, I needed to read this. I think I'll go call him now. - G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. I think more of us need to realize that love is forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was amazing....and just what I needed to read. Thank you for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boundaries vs unconditional love. I will forever flounder in the wake of both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my own is fraught with struggles and strengths. Going over to read....

    ReplyDelete

use your kind words.